Chief Technology Officer
What we do
Dopavision GmbH is a digital-health startup based in Berlin with the mission to disrupt vision care with digital solutions. We are backed with venture capital and a research and development grant from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). We are developing a digital solution for myopia control which can take the form of a smartphone app or an application for a virtual or augmented reality device, as well as smart glasses. We have completed proof-of-concept studies and are moving into pre-clinical investigations and technology development. We are a team of 4 experienced scientists and startup entrepreneurs and supported by renowned scientific advisors and strategic industry partners.
We are now looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join the leadership team and advance our product and technology strategy. If you are passionate about digital health and cutting-edge technologies and enjoy working in an early-stage startup where you can combine your strategic thinking with your hands-on mentality to develop a great consumer product, then we would like to get to know you!
- Develop our technology strategy to build a medical device which will be clinically validated and comply with medical device regulations
- Decide on the overall company strategy as a member of the leadership team
- Define and implement the hardware platform, software platform/technology stack and the systems infrastructure for our product
- Lead the development of our application: Prototypes for different stages of experiments, and the final product
- Build and lead your team of top-of-the-field developers and IT experts
- Manage our product development and IT budget, and relations with external providers
- Implement necessary processes for a digital medical device development setup: ISO-certification for quality management, technical documentation, and data protection
- Work closely with our regulatory and clinical investigations team to successfully conduct clinical investigations, and apply for regulatory approval, risk management evaluations etc.
- Communicate the technology strategy to partners and investors
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role in digital technology companies
- Considerable years of experience in developing technology in a medically regulated context, ideally in a pharmaceutical, medical device or optics company
- Knowledge on current digital technology trends, e.g., VR/AR/MR, eye tracking technology, smart wearables, digital displays
- Track record of building successful consumer digital products, e.g., web applications, games, apps or similar
- Experience with mobile native development frameworks
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Experience with German/international data protection requirements
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English; German is a plus
- Proven to be an inspiring leader to people and teams
- Strategic thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
- BSc/BA or higher in Computer Science, Biomedical Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive base salary plus equity
- You build the team with us and define the way our company will work – as employee number 5
- Shape the future of digital medicine and address an unmet medical need that affects billions of people worldwide
- Develop a product used as a real medical treatment that can change thousands of lives
- Build a great, fast-learning organization with us, with a flat hierarchy and direct communication
- Access to our network of peers and partners who are shaping the Berlin ecosystem of digital health
- Offices in Mindspace, the coolest co-working space in the heart of Berlin (at least in our opinion) with free yoga classes, coffee and happy hours on the terrace
Sounds like your next adventure? Apply online – we’re looking forward to getting to know you! Not sure? Still take a moment to reach out to get to know us or ask your questions.